The tummy tuck can be performed before or after the pregnancy, but after the surgery it is necessary to wait about 1 year to get pregnant, and does not bring any kind of risk to the development or health of the baby during the pregnancy.
In abdominoplasty, the plastic surgeon removes the fat and excess skin located between the belly button and the pelvic region and sewing the rectus sheath so that the abdomen is more firm, even if there is no new accumulation of fat. Usually it’s done the tummy tuck coupled with liposuction that can be removed the accumulated fat in the region of the stomach and on the sides of the body.
The main differences of the pregnancy after tummy tuck
Pregnancy after a tummy tuck has some differences such as:
- The belly grows less, but this does not interfere with the growth of the baby;
- It is common for the woman to feel the belly sorelike I had done many abdominal exercises;
- The risk of stretch marks is biggerbut the skin continues stretching normally but it is necessary to moisturize the skin constantly to the skin does not break, creating stretch marks. Here’s how to make an excellent cream against stretch marks which can be done at home and is super moisturizing.
- The birth may be normal, or cesaria, and the cut of the cesarean section does not interfere with anything with the plastic surgery;
- As the woman has less fat in the belly, you can feel the baby with more intensity, since early.
The fact of having done a tummy tuck does not prevent a new pregnancy, since it does not change the functioning of the reproductive organs and the skin, for the most stretched that is also has the ability to stretch even more.
The tummy back to normal after pregnancy?
If the weight gain during pregnancy is appropriate, between 9 and 11 Kg, the appearance of the belly can be very close to what it was before getting pregnant. However, the tummy tuck does not prevent the appearance of stretch marks, and moreover, the accumulation of fat can increase the abdominal volume, compromising the result of the plastic surgery in the abdomen done before the pregnancy.